The trench coat is a basic and a must in everyone’s closet, including men’s! Whether you add it to your outfit last minute, or build you outfit around it, the trench will always come to the rescue. The best part is it doesn’t matter how much it cost you, all that matters is that it fits YOU. Here are my tips:
1. Length: Trench coats come in all different shapes and forms, so first off you need to decide on what length you are looking for. My favorite is geared towards the floor length, so in this case, I went for this style.
2. Fit: a trench coat must be fitted, so your figure is not drowned into the perspective, but also loose enough to fit comfortably. Remember, you still need to tie it at the waist, and for me personally, I love when it’s looser, so that the synch is more pronounced.
3. Details: Double breasted, collarless, no breasts? Are we still talking about trench coats? Yes, I can assure you we are, and this is a main detail that can either break it or make it for most people. A double breasted trench with a tie at the waist, is the classic fit, so for me it was a no brainer to go with this style.
4. Suit it’s purpose. Sometimes the functionality of things get lost between the lines of fashion, but in this case, having a good quality trench that actually suits it’s purpose is a good enough excuse to go the extra mile when searching for one. This is where you will mainly see the difference from a trench from Forever 21 to a Burberry trench coat, amongst some few other things obviously. In my case, I loved that this Reiss Trench coat was made with great quality and did not cost a fortune! You are getting your money’s worth, which in the end, seals the deal.
5. Invest. Like I mentioned from the beginning, a trench coat is one of those timeless pieces that age with you, so I recommend investing in a great trench coat. Maybe you don’t wear a trench enough, or maybe your just not at that stage in life where you want to buy a Burberry coat, but whatever your budget may be, it’s great to know what is good to invest in and what is not, wardrobe wise and this my friend’s, is a must.
Overall, I am very happy with my Reiss Radzi Tiramisu Trench, retails for $495.00 and has all the details I was looking for, plus it’s great quality. For me, it is one of the best options out there, click here to see for yourself. Shop my outfit details below.
Photos by Henry Young
Shop my look: