The nightlife in San Diego, has a little bit of everything, but what I love the most are the open air lounges where you can sit around a firepit and have drinks with friends. The nightclub days are slowly diminishing in my life, but now that I look back, I remember all the do and dont’s of going out and what was essential on a long night out. So today, I have decided to share with you, my “Top 5” things you cannot leave home without on a fun saturday night.
1. Should I take my credit card or cash? My answer: BOTH! Either way, once the tequilas start rolling in, you will probably end up spending more than you want too, but at least you will be prepared if anything, god forbid, happens. Plus, it’s nice to tip the taxi driver or bartender in cash.
2. Wear comfortable SHOES! There is nothing more tacky than a women not wearing shoes in the club, or worse, on the street, calling a taxi. Ladies, if you’re gonna wearing uncomfortable shoes, than at least own up to it. Never loose your style!
3. BYOB: Bring your own bag! No, don’t let your friend convince you into sharing one bag. Sharing a clutch with a friend on a long saturday night is a call for disaster. What if you get lost and are left without your money, phone & ID? What if you leave a bar thinking she has it and vice-versa? Ladies, do not, I repeat do not share clutches. BRING YOUR OWN BAG!
4. Phone charger! There is nothing more frustrating than having a dead phone, whether it’s to call an uber, or a friend, to take a selfie or a group picture, try to charge your phone before going out, and if you can, take your phone charger with you. There will always be a cute bartender, who will let you charge your phone behind the bar, and you never know he might even ask you for your number. 🙂
5. Band aids & chapstick! We spend so much time getting ready, doing our hair, making our smokey eye perfect, that most likely, our makeup will stay intact all night, but you will always need chapstick. Also, it would be devastating to leave early because of a blister, put one or two bandaids in your clutch and you are set for the night.
Last Saturday, I wore this outfit to Kettner Exchange, a restaurant/bar that they recently opened up in San Diego. The new place to be seen. I wore a minimalistic yet chic outfit. I dressed up my 7 for all mankind silky v-neck and skinny jeans with fun accessories. My outfit is from 7 for all mankind’s exclusive party pieces, you can get this same look at 20% off! Just type in the promo code PARTY20 at checkout. (Offer ends Dec 9th- Promo is online only) Click here to start shopping!
Also, I am very happy to share with you that I will be going to Chris Rocks new movie, TOP FIVE movie premiere tomorrow. I will also be hosting a very special giveaway this week, so stay tuned! Are you a fan of Chris Rock? Are you excited to see the new movie? I am a huge fan, so I cannot wait! Don’t forget to follow me on instagram @blank_itinerary to get my latest whereabouts. xo, p.
Shop my look and favorite 7 for all mankind party pieces below: